Front door and windows being made and fitted 2

 May 2026


Today I have cut the frames of all the windows.  The window next to the front door will have a window sill on the outside.

The half-circle barn window at the top is not as easy to make a frame for.  I have started cutting out the outside on the scroll saw, but it took a lot of concentration.  I will see if I can do the inner half tomorrow.







When I finish the frames it's probably time to paint it all.  I will be looking for whith gloss paint.

When the frames were cut out and fitted I glued them all together and left them overnight to dry. 





I don't always remember in time to take photos, so when I had cut out the inner circle with the scroll saw I glued the frame into the barn window.  

The plan was to use glossy white paint, but it doesn't come in sample pots, so I am using an eggshell (soft sheen) type of acrylic white paint instead. 




The first coat done, and the frames sanded the second coat can be applied.  

I have run out of time with my work in the shed, so the rest of the time will be spent working on the fire place.


Comments